Things to Know
Your First Appointment
Upon arrival for your first visit to Green Tree Medical one of our friendly reception staff will ask you to complete a patient information form. During your first appointment, our doctors will discuss your medical history, answer any questions you may have about our clinic, treat your current health concern and plan any ongoing treatments you require.
We want to be part of your healthy future which means that we want you to get to know us and for us to get to know you. We believe that the more we know and understand about you, your lifestyle and your health history, the better we can support your health goals.
For this reason, your first appointment with us may take a bit longer.
After Hours and Emergency Appointments
Not all illness or injury happens when our clinic is open. For emergencies, please call 000.
If you or your family need a doctor after hours, our clinic is affiliated with the 13SICK service. They offer in-home after-hours visits that are bulk billed. Their doctors are friendly and professional and pass on details of your health issue to our clinic for our records.
After Hours Doctor: 13 74 25
Here are a few ways you can help us to keep on time:
- If you have more than one medical issue or question, please book a longer appointment.
- A longer consultation will also be required for procedures such as skin checks, cervical screens and medical assessments.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your appointment (sometimes we run ahead of schedule).
- If you are running late, please call our reception team and let them know.
- If you can’t make your appointment, please call us as soon as you know. We often have a waiting list of people seeking appointments, and the sooner you let us know, the earlier we can see people needing our help.
- To be fair to everyone, cancellations without 2 hours’ notice or non-attendance may attract a cancellation fee which cannot be rebated through Medicare.
If you have been referred for blood or other tests, please book in to see the doctor to review and discuss your test results.
Unless the matter is life-threatening, we will not interrupt another patient’s consultation to put phone calls through. We are happy to pass your message to the doctor to return your call in their break or at the end of the day.
If the matter is not about a recent consultation, then you need to book an appointment to see the doctor.
From 22 Feb 2022
We are a mixed billing practice
Fee Schedule as of Feb 2022:
|Short consultation (up to 5mins)||$60.00||$17.75||$42.25|
|Standard consultation (5-20mins)||$75.00||$39.10||$35.90|
|Long consultation (20-40mins)||$120.00||$75.75||$44.25|
|Telephone consult (up to 15 mins)||$75.00||$39.10||$35.90|
Reduced fee schedule for:
- Age pension card holders
- Concession card holder
- Children aged 13-17 years ** Children aged 12 and under are Bulk Billed **
|Description||Reduced Fee||Medicare Rebate||Gap|
|Standard consultation (5-20mins)||$60||$39.10||$20.90|
|Long consultation (20-40mins)||$100||$75.75||$24.25|
|Extended consultation (over 40mins)||$140||$111.50||$28.50|
|Telephone consult (up to 15 mins)||$60||$39.10||$20.90|
Fees will vary depending on the length of time you spend with the doctor, the complexity of your medical condition and the doctor you see. The fees above are indicative of fees billed by doctors in the practice, however patients should be aware that individual doctors may bill at slightly different rates.
All Covid 19 vaccination bookings are bulk billed and can be made online at HotDoc, where you are able to fill in and sign the consent form in preparation for your appointment.
Patient Resources and Forms